A wonderful sweet sooji sheera that can be prepared in minutes. It does not require much advance preparation, and can be whipped up even at short notice. Sooji sheera is traditional, yet modern in its simplicity, making it a sheer delight.
Prep Time: 26-30 minutes
Cook Time: 26-30 minutes
Level Of Cooking: Moderate
Ingredients for Suji Sheera with Badam (Almonds):
1) Semolina (rawa/suji) roasted1/2 cups
2) Almonds 2 cups
3) Pure ghee 6 tablespoons
4) Sugar 1 1/2 cups
5) Milk 2 cups
6) Saffron (kesar) a few
7) Green cardamom powder 1/2 teaspoon
1) Roast the almonds. Reserve eight to ten for garnishing and coarsely powder the rest. Heat the ghee in a kadai and roast the semolina till light brown.
2) Add the almond powder and continue to saute for two or three minutes. Add the sugar, milk and saffron.
3) Cook over medium heat, stirring continuously, till the sugar dissolves and the mixture attains the consistency of sooji sheera. Add the cardamom power and mix well.
4) Remove from heat, decorate with the reserved almonds and serve hot.